Translate

Tuesday, 4 April 2017

A to Z Challenge - Corny Conversation



This one has been previously pinned up over on Ginni Bites but I feel it was worthy of another outing. This was an actual conversation between my mother and I.


Uncanny Conversation 

Mother: Oh you can stick your cans from Brazil too

Me: Pardon?

Mother:The cans, that come from Brazil, they’re no good It gets stuck, the keys break off and then you have to put a knife around-

Me: You mean the-

Mother:You know, the Corned beef you got me, I don’t want them ones again

Me: But it’s the brand you always have

Mother: The tins are rusted, they are useless, I don’t want them. Now the ones from France, they’re perfect ,nothing wrong with those, but this Brazilian tin , they are no good.
 

Me: Well you know I can’t choose where its packaged right? You could get the French ones No, I order the ones in the brand you ask for, online 

Mother: Well ask for the French tins

Me: They don’t let you choose which country you want the stuff packaged in. 

Mother: But-

Me: What do you expect, its tinned meat. If they are faulty I can try and complain but-

Mother: No don’t complain


Me: Well then there’s nothing else I can do 

Mother mumbles under her breath

Me: You Ok?

Mother: OK

(pauses)

Mother: Just get the French ones next time





No comments:

Post a Comment